Experience a true South African adventure. Ride an ostrich, sample delicious wine, enjoy traditional food, and see elephants! This 2-week tour combines activities like kayaking with luxury accommodation and delicious, traditional food.
What to Expect
Take a real adventure in South Africa. Ride an ostrich, sample delicious wine, enjoy traditional food, and see elephants! This 2-week tour will show you the best of the Garden Route, a portion of south-eastern coast. This beautiful part of South Africa has a mild, comfortable temperature and beautiful sites that will make you think you’ve gone to a tropical island.
Your tour will begin and end in Cape Town, one of South Africa’s most popular cities. Combining luxury accommodation, amazing food and drink, and exciting activities, this is a tour that brings it all. After a few days in Cape Town, you will head out along the coast and ride along the clear Atlantic and Indian Oceans. Keep your eyes peeling as you watch for whales, and really experience a splash as you kayak along the Touws River and its tributaries.
Dry off as you hike up historic mountain passes and along the Steenbras River Gorge and Crystal Pools (many people jump off the rocks into the water below!). Have a comfortable bike ride around the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, always keeping a look out for exotic wildlife. Visit the Bartholomew Dias Museum and take a relaxing soak in the natural hot springs near the Breede River.
But your tour won’t be complete without a visit to the Addo Elephant National Park, the third largest national park in South Africa. See the famous brownish-red elephants, among other animals including African penguins, zebras, gazelles, rhinos, and many more.
Overnight in luxurious hotels and enjoy delicious wines, traditional foods, and stunning landscapes. This tour is fully supported with all equipment for biking, hiking, and kayaking, as well as a comfortable shuttle bus and an expert guide who will accompany you the whole way. Don’t miss this chance to enjoy an adventure-filled, exciting tour of South Africa!
- Bikes and all equipment
- Ground transportation to and from Cape Town
- All meals, refreshments, and alcoholic beverages
- Many beautiful, varied sights along the bike route
- Personal service from excellent local guides
- Special" and "Expert" excursions en-route
- Back-up vehicle and driver
- All admission fees to reserves, parks, and attractions
What's Not Included
- Special equipment such as toe-clips or other customizations. Contact Bike and Saddle regarding extra equipment.
We will meet outside the main entrance of the Cape Grace Hotel
Know Before You Go
• Rates are quoted per trip per person and include Value Added Tax of 14%.
• Bike and Saddle reserves the right to alter or amend rates and trip details at any time.
• Cancellations must be received prior to noon on the day before your scheduled trip to avoid penalties. A 100% refund will be given if these cancellation terms are met. If you cancel after noon on the day before your trip, you forfeit 100% of the trip fee. This includes "no-shows". No exceptions will be made.
• Please note that cancellations must be made in writing and will not be deemed received by Bike and Saddle unless Bike and Saddle confirms it in writing.
• The owners and management of Bike and Saddle cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property or for any possessions of bike tour guests.
• Departure times are not flexible; please ensure that you are familiar with the departure location and time.