Indulge your wild side and take an eleven-day Safari bike tour through South Africa. Experience Africa’s wilderness and see ancient Bushman rock paintings and rare white lions while cycling through a diverse and history-filled land.
What to Expect
Take a walk on the wild side on an eleven-day Safari bike tour through South Africa. This one-of-a-kind adventure tour will leave you yearning to see even more of the great African continent. Your accommodations along the way and the sites you will see will give you stories for a lifetime.
Bike through an ancient, fossilized, semi-desert land where Bushman paintings still grace the rock faces. Feel the heat of the land on your face and learn firsthand the dry climate that allowed these early paintings to survive through time. You will find it silly that Africa was once viewed as a land hostile and unwelcoming to those not accustomed to it, as the part of South Africa you will cycle through is welcoming and full of exciting adventures should you wish to grab them!
On your cycle journey, you will have the opportunity to visit the Sanbona Wildlife Reserve. Here you will see the Bushman rock art and also have the chance to meet with the people behind the rare white lion breeding program. This reserve has the only free, self-sustaining white lion population in the world, and is also the only reserve that is home to the severely endangered riverine rabbit. Also, you can enjoy the gorgeous views of the Paarl Valley. Surrounded by rolling hills, this land of green grasses and oak trees is a vibrant, bustling area full of animals, so full that it even brought in Charles Darwin in the 1800s.
Luxurious hotels where nature and people live in harmony abound in South Africa, and your tour’s accommodations are no exception. You will overnight at hotels such as the Cape Grace Hotel, Grande Roche, Views Boutique Hotel, Eagles Crag Lodge, and Oceana Marina and Wildlife Reserve.
Please be assured that the Sanbona Wildlife Reserve is malaria free safari.
- Bikes and all equipment
- Ground transportation to and from Cape Town
- All meals, refreshments, and alcoholic beverages
- Many beautiful, varied sights along the bike route
- Personal service from excellent local guides
- Special" and "Expert" excursions en-route
- Back-up vehicle and driver
- All admission fees to reserves, parks, and attractions
What's Not Included
- Special equipment such as toe-clips or other customizations. Contact Bike and Saddle regarding extra equipment.
We will meet outside the main entrance of the Cape Grace Hotel
Know Before You Go
• Rates are quoted per trip per person and include Value Added Tax of 14%.
• Bike and Saddle reserves the right to alter or amend rates and trip details at any time.
• Cancellations must be received prior to noon on the day before your scheduled trip to avoid penalties. A 100% refund will be given if these cancellation terms are met. If you cancel after noon on the day before your trip, you forfeit 100% of the trip fee. This includes "no-shows". No exceptions will be made.
• Please note that cancellations must be made in writing and will not be deemed received by Bike and Saddle unless Bike and Saddle confirms it in writing.
• The owners and management of Bike and Saddle cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to property or for any possessions of bike tour guests.
• Departure times are not flexible; please ensure that you are familiar with the departure location and time.