Our "South Island Lick" gives you the opportunity to experience the South's top tourist destinations. When time is limited and adventure is what you're seeking, then you won’t forget this amazing New Zealand vacation in a hurry!
What to Expect
Our South Island Lick tour is designed to give you the opportunity to experience a taste of the South Island and take advantage of our discounted activities in Queenstown and Franz Josef - two of New Zealand's biggest drawcards.
Beginning and ending at Christchurch, we take a clockwise loop to include the beautiful alpine surroundings of Lake Tekapo and Wanaka - pure turqouise/blue waters surrounded by majestic snow-capped mountains; pure New Zealand! On your final day travel from one coast to the other, over the Southern Alps via Arthur's Pass on the Tranz Alpine Express - rated as one of the world's greatest railway journeys.
In addition to the picture perfect scenes and stunning views, there is lots of adventure to be had along the way - skydiving, bungy jumping, white-water rafting, hot air ballooning, scenic flights, glacier treks, quad biking, extreme jet boating, skiing/snowboarding in winter, surfing, an endless list of fun just waiting to happen.
A Haka Tour is not just a standard New Zealand holiday. We promise you will leave having both learned and experienced our country first hand, pushed yourself to limits you never thought you could reach, made a great group of friends from all around the world, and played a role in a thousand stories to amaze the folks with back home.
Day 1 - Christchurch to Lake Tekapo
Day 2 - Lake Tekapo to Queenstown
Day 3 - Queenstown
Day 4 - Queenstown to Wanaka
Day 5 - Wanaka to Franz Josef
Day 6 - Franz Josef
Day 7 - Franz Josef to Christchurch
- Accommodation ( max 6 share, upgrades available)
- Passionate Kiwi guide
- Ticket to ride the Tranz Alpine Express train – one of the world’s top rated train journeys
- Free gondola ride with stunning views of Queenstown
- Wake up alongside the beautiful lakes of Tekapo and Wanaka
- Two nights in Franz Josef surrounded by glaciers and rain forest
- Small Groups - max 16. Find out why this is ultra important!
- Guided tour of every location. We show you places you would miss when travelling on a flexible bus pass
- Be treated to surprise stops only possible with a small group
What's Not Included
- Larger activities (e.g. skydiving)
- Travel insurance
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund