Visit the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve on a 12-hour tour of the Costa Maya, and discover Yucatan's most important protected area. Cruise through the lagoon, hike through the jungle, visit the Temple Muyil, and learn about the Mayan culture.
What to Expect
Explore the unique Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve of the Riviera Maya, and learn more about the Mayan history as you immerse yourself in an underwater world, snorkeling in the sacred waters of a cenote.
Following a pick-up from your hotel, head to the reserve to hike through the jungle. Located on the Caribbean coast of Mexico, near the Mayan ruins of Tulum, Sian Ka’an is an ecotourism and education center that provides a good example of sustainable development in sensitive tropical ecosystems.
Discover the impressive Mayan temple of Muyil. Cross the lagoon by boat while your certified guide explains more about the reserve's ecosystem and wildlife. You will even have time to swim and float through the channels of the freshwater stream. Discover the different sorts of mangroves and other flora and fauna of the region.
A 3-course lunch of typical Mexican food will be served at Restaurant Don Cafeto in Tulúm. Then, it’s time to snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the "El Sueño" cenote, and experience part of the underwater system of rivers that was sacred to the Mayans.
Transfer back to your hotel at 16:00, with an estimated drop off at about 18:30.
- Professional naturalist/biologist guides
- Transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned vans
- Entrance fees
- Lunch at Don Cafeto Restaurant in Tulum
- Snacks, fresh fruit, and drinks (purified water and soft drinks)
What's Not Included
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring insect repellent, sun block, a hat and sunglasses, your swimsuit and towel, a long sleeve cotton shirt, long cotton pants, an impermeable jacket, and personal items such as binoculars and a camera