Don't miss the opportunity to visit Chichen Itza during your Cancun vacations; the ancient capital of the Mayan Empire and learn why it has been designated one of the modern wonders of the world.
What to Expect
After your hotel pick-up, head to Chichen Itza with a certified guide who will give you a thorough explanation about ancient Mayan culture, its government, religion, rituals, calendar and much more. This tour will teach you about the purpose of the Mayan buildings such as the Kukulcan Temple.
This experience also includes unlimited beer, water, and soda on the bus. Besides visiting Chichen Itza, you will be taken to a refreshing cenote for a swim. Cenotes are natural sinkholes resulting from the collapse of limestone bedrock that exposes fresh water underneath; they were considered a portal to the underworld and were also the only source of water in the Mayan world.
Finally, you will also pay a 20-minute visit to the colonial town of Valladolid to take pictures and learn about this beautiful, historical city founded in 1543. Your adventure, one of the most complete of all Chichen Itza tours available, also includes a delicious buffet lunch with traditional regional foods. Don't forget to try the cochinita pibil tacos. It is a slow-roasted pork dish of Mayan origin you'll just love.
Your tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Continental breakfast box
- Open bar on board (soft drinks, beer and water)
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- Professional & certified guide
- Traditional and regional lunch buffet + 2 drinks during the lunch
- Entrance fee and swim to the fantastic X-Cajum cenote (life jacket available)
- Mayan purification Ceremony Fresh towels after the Mayan ruins visit
- Visit a Mayan Village "Aldea Maya"
- Visit "Pueblo Magico" of Valladolid
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Drinks are not included during lunch
- Video cameras are allowed for an extra fee
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Children between 5 and 11 years-old pay child rates
• Children under 5 enter free but cannot occupy a seat in the bus
• The use of a video camera inside the archaeological site has an additional cost
• It is recommended that you bring lightweight clothing, a bathing suit, good walking shoes or sneakers, a hat, sunglasses and biodegradable sunscreen
• Please bring cash for souvenirs and beverages during lunch