Tour the archaeological site of Chichen Itza, one of the New7Wonders of the World, enjoy the many facilities of the Mayaland Resort, and experience after-dark thrills at Xplor Fuego, considered to be the best adventure park in Riviera Maya!
What to Expect
Visit 2 of the most popular sites in Riviera Maya with this day excursion to Chichen Itza and the Mayaland Resort, and an evening adventure at Xplor Fuego.
Chichen Itza Deluxe
Discover ancient Chichen Itza in style on this top-rated tour. Enter the site through the Mayaland Hotel’s private gate and experience one of the New7Wonders of the World. Enjoy a 2-hour guided tour and buffet lunch.
You’ll have use of the facilities at Mayaland, a multiple Conde Nast winner and National Geographic favorite since 1936. This includes free use of the swimming pool, and free access to the Xtoloc cenote and to Mayaland’s mile-long tropical botanical gardens. Choose from 3 restaurants as well, with Mexican, Yucatecan, and international cuisine all on offer, served buffet style.
On the guided tour of Chichen Itza you’ll see the main plaza, where the famous Temple of Kukulcan is located (El Castillo or the Pyramid), the remarkable Ball Game Court, the Temple of the Jaguars, the Platform of Eagles and Jaguars, the Platform of Venus, the Tzompantli, the Temple of the Warriors, and the adjacent Temple of the 1,000 Columns. You’ll also have time to explore the site on your own.
After your first visit to the ruins, you’ll re-group for a delicious buffet lunch at the Mayaland Hotel. During the meal you’ll be entertained by traditional music and dances performed by the Mayaland regional ballet. After lunch you can return to the ruins, take a dip in the pool, relax on a lounge chair, or take a stroll through the hotel’s tropical gardens.
Experience the thrill of the night while gliding along incredible zip lines, explore the site on board an amphibious vehicle through mysterious caves, and dive into the refreshing waters of an underground river.
Discover age-old landscapes and a new world of adventure in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Xplor Fuego offers an unparalleled adventure when the sun sets and the dark jungle comes alive and envelops you.
Zip Lines: After nightfall you’ll travel through the lush rainforest on the highest zip lines in Latin America, and enjoy incredible views of the starry sky of the Mexican Caribbean.
Get ready to experience an adrenaline rush as you glide at speeds of up to 19 miles per hour. Without a doubt, torches, fire, the sounds of the jungle, and a wonderful star-filled sky will make your night of adventure at Xplor Fuego even more exciting.
Amphibious Vehicles: Rows of torches will light your way on an adventurous ride along mysterious jungle paths, through amazing caves, and over bridges. Let the stars be your guide and your instincts overcome all obstacles that night sends your way.
Underground Rafts: Head to underground rivers and discover places that very few have seen. Paddle with your hands on a raft as you let torches guide your way.
Underground Rivers: Discover the amazing rock formations that glow an incandescent red. The entrance to the river becomes a real lava crater. Dare to enter the bubbling river, which with its red glow will make you feel as if you’re in the depths of a volcano. Then, enjoy a refreshing swim as you admire the striking landscape.
- Chichen Itza Deluxe
- Round-trip transportation from Cancun hotels
- Free access to Mayaland Hotel & Bungalows facilities (private entrance to the archaeological site, swimming pool, restrooms, lounge chairs, and gardens)
- Buffet Lunch at the Mayaland Hotel
- 2-hour Chichen Itza tour with a bilingual certified INAH guide
- Extra time to explore the site on your own
- Cenote visit
- Xplor Fuego
- 580 yards of underground caves to paddle on a raft
- 9 zip lines
- 3.4-mile circuit to drive with amphibious vehicles (must be at least 18 years of age to drive)
- Swim along 430 yards of crystal-clear water in the Stalactite River swim
- Unlimited buffet, mini sweet breads, and oatmeal cookies
- Unlimited beverages
What's Not Included
- Chichen Itza entrance fee
- Optional activities
Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The tour itinerary is subject to change without notice
• You may visit the sacred Xtoloc cenote, located on the resort grounds, for free (swimming is not permitted)
• Bring/wear light clothing, comfortable walking or hiking shoes, sunglasses, a hat, biodegradable sunblock, a swimsuit, and water
• Sunscreen used in the park must be free of chemicals.
• Cancellations within 48 hours of your tour and no-shows will not be refunded. You may reschedule your tour within 48 hours at an additional cost of USD 15 per person payable directly to the local supplier. Rescheduled tours are subject to availability
• Admission fee to Chichen Itza is MXN 242 or USD 20 for adults. Discounts are available for children, seniors, and students. Please ensure you bring a valid form of identification with you in order to claim a discount
• If you are staying in a hotel in Cancun downtown, please note that your pick-up will be from a meeting point near to your hotel