Climb aboard the legendary 83-foot champion ketch Fisher & Paykel in Fuerteventura and sail along the coast of the Canary Island on one of the biggest racing yachts ever built for professional round-the-world racing.
What to Expect
Set sail aboard the maxi ketch “Fisher & Paykel,” a legendary racing yacht that came 2nd in the Whitbread Round-the-World Race and is still one of the most prominent maxi yachts in the world after its re-appearance in the Volvo Ocean Legends Race of 2011.
Two times round-the-world race participant Joaquin "Kino" Quiroga takes the helm as you learn the boat’s remarkable history and get tips on how to move and what to do during manoeuvers on board. You are invited to participate actively in sailing operations, and can even take the helm under the captain’s orders.
If your prefer, tuck into complimentary water, soft drinks, and fruit as you sit back and sail along the coast over the tranquil waters of the downwind side of Fuerteventura. Enjoy the speed and spectacular views of the coast of Jandia and its glittering beaches.
- Sailing excursion
- Hotel transfer (in the radius of Costa Calma and Jandia)
- Water, soft drinks and fruit snacks
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please dress according to general weather conditions and apply sun protection
• The boat is very stable during sailing, minimizing the chance of dizzyness; the deck is up to 20 feet (6 meters) wide providing ample space to move around during the trip, which adds to wellbeing and enables good communication. A maximum of 25 passengers ensures a relaxed and personal ambience on the boat
• Your captain, Joaquín “Kino” Quiroga, is a well-known figure in the world of international regatta sailing, having participated 2 times in famous round the world races and in countless other international regattas. His presence on the boat is an added value on this excursion and his competence and friendliness with the clients make him a remarkable host
• This tour is available in Spanish, German, and English.