See the greatest ancient sites near Cairo on a private full-day tour. Learn history as you visit the Great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx, travel to the older Step Pyramid at Sakkara, and spend some time in Memphis, the first ancient capital of Egypt.
What to Expect
Spend a full day on a private tour that takes you to see the ancient Egyptian highlights in Giza, Sakkara, and Memphis, on an excursion from Cairo.
After you are picked up at your hotel, make your ways to see the Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinus, collectively known as the Great Pyramids. Then proceed to visit the Great Sphinx, a guardian with the head of a pharaoh and a lion's body. The tour also includes a visit to the Valley Temple, which belongs to the Pyramids of Chephren.
Continue on to see the Step Pyramid of Zoser, the world's oldest major stone structure, located in Sakkara. It was built around 2630 BC for King Djoser. After you marvel at this construction, you will stop for lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, transfer to Memphis, a city founded by King Menes. Memphis was the capital of Old Egypt during the Old Kingdom. It was considered to be a center of rule and culture for more than 3,000 years. Here you will learn about its role in ancient times, and visit the Statue of Ramses II.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Round-trip transportation
- Private English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- A bottle of water during your trip
- Shopping tours in Cairo
- All taxes and service charges
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees to special archaeological sites
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary