Visit the pyramids of Giza and the mysterious Sphinx from Cairo airport and explore the beautiful desert at the pyramids on a horse or camel back. Have lunch in a Nile view restaurant in Cairo.
What to Expect
You will be picked up at the airport, then you will directly be transferred in an A/C modern car/van to Giza. On the way you will meet your Egyptologist tour guide who will accompany you to Giza plateau. You will have a guided tour visiting the great pyramid of King Cheops which is the only ancient wonder still standing, the middle pyramid of King Chefren and see the remains of its outer casing polished shiny limestone still appear on its top. See see also the smallest pyramid of king Mycirnus and the great lion headed sphinx, the valley temple and the causeway used to transfer the kings mummy from the place of its mummification to be buried inside the pyramid.
Before you leave Giza and if there is still time, there will be a stop at the papyrus making work shop to learn about the interesting story of making this ancient paper making craft. Afterwards you will be transferred back to Cairo, and before you head back to the airport you will stop at a nice Nile view restaurant and to enjoy a wonderful Egyptian lunch or dinner. At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to Cairo airport.
- Pickups and transfers in an A/C modern car/van
- English speaking Egyptologist tour guide
- Lunch in a Nile view restaurant
- Entrance fees
- A bottle of mineral water
What's Not Included
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• A camel or horseback ride at Giza plateau can be arranged (this option will be arranged locally on arrival).
• The tour can be extended on request to include a visit to the Egyptian museum or some other sightseeing in Cairo on request (optional).