Take a full-day tour to Fayoum Oasis from Cairo. You will get to see Qaroon Lake, the oldest natural lake in the world, famous for its birdlife. Then head to the Fayoum Museum, and stop off at one of the best natural oases in Egypt, Wadi El-Rayan.
What to Expect
Spend a day in Fayoum, the oldest city in Egypt, on a full-day excursion from Cairo.
After a morning pick-up, you will be driven with a guide by private air-conditioned van toward Fayoum, situated 65 miles (105 kilometers) southwest of Cairo. Upon arriving, visit Qaroon Lake, where you can see different kinds of birds. Qaroon Lake is considered the oldest natural lake in the world, and the third largest lake in Egypt. It is considered an interior lake that is not related to any sea or and rivers.
At the edge of the Oasis, there are many ruined temples at Karanis, the ancient city which was the old capital. Complete the tour by visiting the Fayoum Museum, which is famous for its Roman portrait and small statues, found by the excavations. Then continue on to Wadi El-Rayan, one of the best natural oases in Egypt. After taking in the beauty and landscape, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Cairo.
Available languages (tour guide):
English, German, Russian, Spanish
What to bring
• Passport valid for 6 months
• Comfortable shoes
• Sun block
- Pick-up and drop off service from/to your hotel
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical places
- English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- A bottle of mineral water during your trip
- Lunch during tour at specialty restaurant
What's Not Included
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Drinks and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
Availability: every day
Pickup time: 8:30
Return time: 19:00