Head to the Tully River for a small group white water rafting trip with experienced river guides. No experience is necessary – just a sense of adventure! Get ready for a thrill as you run the grade 3 and 4 rapids through World Heritage-listed rainforest.
What to Expect
Specifically designed for those seeking a private, small group rafting experience and lots of adventure, this full-day XTREME White Water Rafting trip takes you down the popular Tully River with experienced guides.
Your private group will be the first to travel the river on the day, meaning that there’s a good chance of seeing native wildlife. With senior guides, your small flotilla of rafts will negotiate its way down the river with time to experience body surfing, rock jumping, and rapids swims.
Located just 2 hours south of Cairns, the Tully River is regarded as Australia’s best river rafting site with its technical, demanding grade 3 and 4 rapids over a 5-hour course. It attracts river guides and rafters from around the world.
The regulated river flow provided by the Kareeya Hydro Power Station makes for perfect rafting conditions, with guaranteed water levels throughout the year. The Tully River was the site of the Australian Canoe and White Water Championships in 1991.
The river runs through Tully Gorge National Park, and you’ll travel through rainforest that lines both banks of the river. The site is of such international importance that it was protected by a World Heritage listing in 1987.
Included in your rafting adventure will be a well-earned barbeque lunch alongside the river. Expect the need to hold on at times on the grade 3 and 4 rapids, but no experience is necessary to enjoy the day.
- Grade 3 and 4 guided white water rafting
- Guaranteed small groups
- Highly experienced senior guides
- Cliff jumping, rapids swimming, and raft surfing
- All accommodation transfers
- BBQ lunch beside the river
What's Not Included
- Pay on Board fee (AUD 30 per person for insurance charges, land management agency-prescribed daily client fee, water release fees, transfer costs, GST, and administration charges, is payable on the day of travel)
Know Before You Go
• minimum age of 13 years (anyone under 18 must travel with a guardian or parent)
* All Xtreme rafters must be confident swimmers and have good English skills
* lace-up shoes or reef / teva sandals must be worn on the river. You can bring your own (these will get wet) or simply hire footwear on the day for AUD 5 a pair.
• rafting is not suitable for pregnant women
• Port Douglas departures available for groups on request