Discover the natural beauty of Michaelmas Cay and Hastings Reef on this cruise from Cairns. Enjoy a full day on the reef with a lunch buffet and plenty of activities to choose from, including snorkeling, scuba diving, and simply relaxing on the beach!
What to Expect
This premium reef cruise features the Outer Great Barrier Reef and Coral Cay island.
In just 1 hour and 15 minutes, the speedy air-conditioned Seastar 1 will take you from Cairns to the magnificent Michaelmas Cay, the largest of the local uninhabited coral cays. Once there you will enjoy guided snorkel tours, go scuba diving, cruise around on a glass bottom boat, or just relax on the beach.
After a refreshing time here, take a short 20 minute cruise to the splendid Hastings Reef, sitting on the very outer edge. At Hastings Reef, take a tour by snorkeling, scuba diving, or relaxing in a glass bottom boat to experience everything this reef has to offer.
Tour includes morning and afternoon tea, hot and cold buffet lunch, guided snorkel tours at both reefs, snorkel equipment and tuition, wet suit or lycra suit (seasonal), glass bottom boat ride at both destinations, reef interpretation guide, and an optical mask.
- Morning and afternoon tea/coffee
- Hot/Cold buffet lunch suitable for Vegetarians
- Fully guided snorkel tours at both reef destinations
- Mask, snorkel, and fins
- Optical masks
- Wetsuit or stinger suit, depending on the season
- Buoyancy vest
- Reef Interpretation “Reef Brief"
- Glass bottom boat at both destinations
- Island circumnavigation for Birders (weather permitting)
- Modern design Seastar 1
What's Not Included
- Scuba diving, both certified and introductory (medical conditions do apply)
- Souvenirs, hats, t-shirts
- Snacks, cool drinks.
- Bus transfer: City area AUD 13 per person, beach area AUD 20 per person
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
EMC/ Port Admin Fee of $15 per person is payable on board at day of traveling.
Before booking an introductory dive or certified dive please note that certain medical conditions and the taking of prescribed drugs may preclude a guest from Scuba diving unless a current Queensland Diving Medical Certificate issued by a diving doctor can be shown to the diving instructor. All divers are subject to the medical questionnaire on board the vessel before diving and their fitness to dive will be assessed by the dive instructor of the day.