Enjoy an eco adventure of the Great Barrier Reef and visit the tropical Green Island to snorkel the reef and hike in the rainforest. Take optional kayak tours or scenic helicopter flights, or relax by the pool with a drink.
What to Expect
Boasting a lush rainforest that is home to over 120 native plant species and colorful bird life, Green Island is surrounded by coral gardens and abundant marine life. The tropical island, just 45 minutes from Cairns offers the unique opportunity for a combined reef and rainforest tour.
And with the choice of 3 daily departures, the Green Island eco adventure is perfect for a half or full-day experience with up to 7 hours on the beautiful Great Barrier Reef island.
Your cruise includes the choice of an informative glass bottom boat coral viewing tour, or use of snorkeling equipment to snorkel directly off the sandy white beaches. Whether you’re up for adventurous activities or island relaxation, you’ll be spoilt for choice. You can explore the island’s lush rainforest with a leisurely self guided walk, see the reef from the glass bottom boat coral viewing tour, snorkel from the beach, or take a refreshing dip in the island swimming pool.
With an abundance of optional activities, you can scuba dive, take an offshore snorkel excursion, walk underwater with Seawalker helmet diving, kayak, or even take to the sky in a scenic helicopter flight. There's even the Marineland Melanesia crocodile habitat on the island!
The island’s well appointed day visitor facilities include a pool bar, dive shop, plus restaurant and food outlets, where a delicious range of lunch, snacks and refreshments can be purchased.
- Return transfers by air-conditioned catamaran from Cairns
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Choice of glass bottom boat coral reef viewing tour or snorkeling equipment
- Exclusive use of the island swimming pool for Great Adventures guests
- Self-guided eco Island walk
- Use of Green Island Resort's day visitor facilities
What's Not Included
- In addition to your cruise fare exciting optional activities include: introductory and certified scuba diving; offshore boat snorkel trips; seawalker helmet diving; canoe, windsurf, and beach volleyball hire; scenic helicopter flights
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Tour departs Cairns daily at 08.30, 10:30, and 13:00
• Tour returns from Green Island at 12:00, 14:30, and 16:30
• Coach transfers are available from Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodations at an additional cost