Rise to a refreshing cooking adventure on The Esplanade, Cairns on a 7-hour walking tour. Start with the sunrise by cooking your own authentic Aussie barbecue, then head off to see city sights and neighborhoods, including from the top of the Dome.
What to Expect
Kick this morning tour of Cairns off with an authentic cook-your-own Aussie barbecue, and chow down on the local tradition while making friends with your tour mates and guide, discussing plans for the rest of the tour.
Once you’ve got your fill of tasty barbecue treats, head over to a Cairns icon, home to the world’s largest stained glass windows. Continue to another city landmark and indulge in a local coffee, tea, and chocolates at Coffee Works - the lime and cracked pepper or lemon myrtle chocolates come highly recommended!
One of the best ways to get to know a city is to see it from above. Climb up the Dome to admire key landmarks and historic areas, and see if you can spot where you’re staying. Feel free to yell out a “hello” if it strikes your fancy. There are other activities available at the Dome, and while they’re not included in the tour price, there are some discounts available that can be discussed with your guide. If you choose not to do any additional activities, there’s also a presentation on freshwater crocodiles, and the chance to take photos with a koala (every half hour) for a surcharge.
End the tour with a trip to a local market, and sample some local produce, or pick something up to enjoy during the rest of your stay. After you’ve taken in the tastes and sights of Cairns, you will be dropped right back where you started.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Breakfast barbecue
- Dome admission and climb
- Crocodile presentation
- Coffee, tea, and chocolate samples at Coffee Works
- Bug repellent and a bottle of water
What's Not Included
- Additional activities at the Dome
- Additional food and drink
- Individual photo with a koala
- Tips and personal expenses
Meet outside the Bellview Hotel, 85/87 The Esplanade, Cairns, QLD 4870
Know Before You Go
• Please wear proper and comfortable footwear (sneakers or runners). Bring your own hat, in case it’s a scorcher of a day
• Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusive. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour