This tour explores both Byron Bay and the surrounding Byron hinterland, offering a wide range of experiences. Discover ancient rainforests, stroll to waterfalls, visit local historic hinterland towns and walk up to the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse.
What to Expect
The Overnight Escape Byron Bay Tour explores both Byron Bay and the beautiful surrounding Byron hinterland. The tour offers a wide range of experiences. Discover the ancient rainforests of the Nightcap National Park, 4WD through mountain wilderness, stroll to waterfalls including the awe-inspiring Minyon Falls, swim at pristine and unpopulated Byron Bay beaches, visit local historic hinterland towns and explore Byron Bay markets, galleries and craft shops. Click here to watch a video about Minyon Falls.
Overnight Byron Tours also include a visit to the famous little town Nimbin, host of the 1973 Aquarius Festival. Tour Nimbin’s fascinating mix of alternative culture, local shops, galleries and cafes. From Nimbin, the tour weaves through the beautiful Byron hinterland to the Mount Warning camp site. Finish your day sitting around a campfire, toasting marshmallows and enjoying a delicious, locally sourced BBQ dinner before falling asleep under the stars in either your tent or cabin (twin-share room).
The following day, visit the beautiful little hinterland town Bangalow, with a fascinating mix of local shops, galleries and cafes. Or for tours departing on Saturday, discover something special at the famous Sunday markets where over 300 stalls transform sleepy Byron hinterland towns into vibrant meccas of arts, crafts, live music and local delicious food (Sunday markets are subject to rotation). Finally, you'll go to some of the prettiest and most secluded beaches of Byron for a swim and hopefully catch a glimpse of the local dolphins or migrating whales (May to October).
• Bushwalk in the World Heritage listed Nightcap National Park (2 hour walk)
• Discover stunning Minyon Falls (100 meter drop) with breathtaking views
• Take a swim in the pristine freshwater pools beneath the falls (weather permitting)
·• Enjoy a delicious sandwich lunch and visit the little hippy town of Nimbin
• Sit around a campfire, enjoy a delicious BBQ dinner (veg. options available upon request) and camp under the stars at Mount Warning Rainforest Park
• Breakfast and transfer to Bangalow to see its fascinating mix of local shops, galleries and cafes
• Take the lighthouse walk and have your photo taken at Australia’s most easterly point
• Watch whales, dolphins and turtles along the coast (whale watching Jun-Oct)
• Finish your tour with a delicious lunch taking in the best ocean and Byron hinterland views
- 2 day tour led by an experienced local guide
- For accommodation style camping: all camping gear
- For accommodation style cabin: twin share room cabin
- BBQ-style dinner (vegetarian option on request)
- Complimentary water bottle and snack for the walk
- All meals (Day one: sandwich lunch, BBQ dinner / Day two: breakfast, lunch)
- National Park and camping fees
- Fully air-conditioned tour vehicles
- Return Byron Bay transfers
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund