Mount Warning Sunrise Walk
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ and roast marshmallows around the campfire.
- Camp under the stars or sleep in a cabin at Mount Warning Rainforest Park.
- Breakfast in the early morning before you start your walk.
- Walk through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforests.
- See the first sunrise on mainland Australia.
- Enjoy spectacular 360 degree views over the Byron Bay Hinterland to the Byron Bay lighthouse and the skyline of Surfers Paradise.
The following day, climb Mount Warning at dawn to reach the highest point in the region and bask in the first sunrays to hit mainland Australia. How long does it take to climb Mount Warning? The journey is a 9 km, 4 hour self-guided return walk that takes you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforest and, upon ascent, offers 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views. It never fails to inspire.
- Overnight tour led by an experienced guide (the actual climb is self-guided)
- BBQ dinner (vegetarian option on request) and breakfast
- Complimentary water bottle and snack for the walk
- All camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, torches)
- Camping fees
- Fully air-conditioned tour vehicles
- Return Byron Bay transfer
- The actual summit walk is self guided
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
Prepare for the activity
Pick-up will be at 17:00 (New South Wales local time) from the Byron Bay Visitor Information Center at 80 Jonson Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481 (the yellow cottage-style building just behind the main bus stop). Please wait in front of the entrance of Byron Bay Visitor Centre on the veranda. Please don't wait at the main bus stop as it can be very busy.Open in Google Maps ⟶