Climb magnificent Mount Warning at dawn to see the first sunrise on the Australian mainland. The walk leads you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforests covering the mountain, which was forged by an ancient volcano.
What to Expect
This Mount Warning tour includes overnight camping right on the foot of Mount Warning National Park, followed by a dawn Mount Warning climb. On the first day, enjoy the peaceful and uncrowded forest setting at your Mount Warning base camp. Take a splash in a rock pool or simply relax and enjoy the tranquillity of the Mount Warning National Park. Finish your day sitting around a campfire, toasting marshmallows and enjoying a delicious, locally sourced BBQ dinner before falling asleep under the stars in either your tent or cabin (twin-share room).
The following day, climb Mount Warning at dawn to reach the highest point in the region and bask in the first sunrays to hit mainland Australia. How long does it take to climb Mount Warning? The journey is a 9 km, 4 hour self-guided return walk that takes you through subtropical World Heritage listed rainforest and, upon ascent, offers 360 degree ocean and Byron hinterland views. It never fails to inspire.
- Overnight tour led by an experienced guide (the actual climb is self-guided)
- BBQ dinner (vegetarian option on request) and breakfast
- Complimentary water bottle and snack for the walk
- All camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, torches)
- Camping fees
- Fully air-conditioned tour vehicles
- Return Byron Bay transfer
What's Not Included
- The actual summit walk is self guided