This fun-fuelled 2-hour beginner's surfing lesson lets you experience the thrill of catching your first wave. You'll be taught surfing basics in a group of 6 students or less. A great way to increase your surf knowledge, technique, and confidence.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Enjoy a fun 2-hour surf lesson for beginners
- Learn from fully-qualified local and global instructors.
- Increase your surf knowledge, confidence, and technique.
- Learn important safety information about waves and the beach.
- Surf right in the heart of Byron itself (not nearby Balina or Lennox) with no need for lengthy travel time to the destination
- Soft surfboard
- Warm wetsuits
- UV rash vests
- Sunscreen and zinc
- Changing rooms
- Personal belongings
- Outdoor shower
- Children under 12 years
- Pregnant women
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your instructor at the "Let's Go Surfing" desk located at 5/11 Fletcher Street, Byron Bay, NSW, Australia.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
Know before you go
- There is a minimum age of 12 years old
- This is a 3-hour experience with 2 hours in the water