Explore the unique underwater life around the Julian Rocks Marine Reserve on a snorkel tour. Encounter friendly sea turtles, wobbegong sharks, graceful rays, and an abundance of colorful fish.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Small group
- Limited to 11 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Swim and snorkel around the Julian Rock Marine Reserve in Byron Bay
- Observe sea turtles, manta rays, and a variety of fish
- Free 30-minute snorkeling lesson before tour, if desired
- Take the chance to see three different kinds of sea turtles
- Full equipment hire (fins, mask, snorkel, wetsuit)
- Free snorkel lesson in our on-site heated training pool
- Boat ride to Julian Rocks
- Snorkel guide for the duration of your snorkel
- Transport to and from the dive store to the launch site
- Bottled water on board the vessel
- Lockers and wet and dry storage area
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Parking (Fees apply for public parking in Byron Bay)
- Children under 5 years
- People with back problems
- Wheelchair users
- People with pre-existing medical conditions
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Arrive 15 minutes before the activity starts to check-in at the main store desk or, if you’d like a free snorkel lesson, arrive 30 minutes before departure to practice in the heated pool.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Sun hat
- Waterproof camera
Know before you go
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for participants with serious medical conditions.
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to snorkeling. Some pre-existing medical conditions may prevent you from snorkeling, please consult your doctor.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.