Szentendre Half-Day Scooter Tour: Danube Bend Gateway
From £45 per personBook now
- Ride a nippy scooter along the Danube Bend
- See Óbuda (Old Buda) and the remnants of the Roman capital of Aqincum
- Visit the picturesque town of Szentendre and see Baroque houses and quaint cafés
- Sample some authentic Hungarian langos flat bread
- Add-on an optional tour of a diamond showroom or folk museum
Remarkable for its Mediterranean atmosphere, Baroque houses, quaint cafés, and art galleries, the narrow streets beckon, just as they have beckoned generations of Hungarian artists since the early 20th century.
First, you will drive north along the Danube, passing Obuda (Old Buda), where you can see remnants of the former Roman capital of Aquincum. Upon arrival in Szentendre, “Gateway of the Danube Bend,” drive the picturesque town, with free time to stop and have a coffee and langos, a deep-fried flat bread popular in Hungary.
You can take an optional tour of the Caprice Jewelry Exhibition Hall and Showroom, the only place where you are invited to polish a diamond, or an optional visit to the open air folk museum of Szentendrei Szabadtéri Néprajzi.
The drive back will afford you panoramic views of the Danube River, one of the world’s greatest and most romantic waterways, with fantastic vistas of Budapest as you approach with the wind in your hair.
- 50 or 125 cc automatic scooter, with top case and chain lock
- Safety helmet
- English-speaking guide
- Radio with headset
Pick-up your scooter from the Budapest Scooter Tour office, 1053 Budapest Vámház körút 10. The office is located inside the courtyard. If the gate is closed, ring door bell Number 2. To arrive by public transport, take the metro (Blue Line 3) to Kálvin tér. Exit via Vámház körút and walk 200 meters on the righthand side of the street in the directon of Fővám tér (Grand Central Market Hall, Szabadság híd). Alternatively take tram 2, 47 or 49 and get off at Fővám tér. Walk 100 meters in the direction of Kalvin tér on the lef hand side of the street.
• Please bring a valid passport or photo ID
• You will be required to leave a compulsory deposit of EUR 150/HUF 45.000, or as a deposit you can leave your passport (non EU citizens) or photo ID (EU citizens)
• The driver is liable for all damages caused to the scooter that are his/her fault, up to a maximum EUR 500/HUF 150 (not applicable in case of theft)
• All scooters have 3rd party insurance against accidental damage to another vehicle
• Drivers must be at least 18 years old
• The 50 cc scooters can only accommodate 1 person (passengers not allowed)
Product ID: 34997