Enjoy an excursion into Hungarian history along the Danube Bend. You’ll visit Esztergom, Visegrád, and charming Szentendre, and make a short visit to Slovakia. During the summer months you’ll return to Budapest on an hour-long Danube River cruise.
What to Expect
Your full-day journey into Hungarian history begins with a pick-up at your centrally located hotel in Budapest.
Head out in the comfort of an air-conditioned coach, and start off by enjoying the remarkable city of Esztergom and the largest Catholic church in the country. Next on the itinerary is a visit to the centuries-old town of Visegrád, site of the former Royal Residence.
You’ll have time to enjoy a delicious 3-course lunch during your time in Visegrád. After lunch, you’ll continue on to the magical artist’s village of Szentendre, where your guide will take you on a tour.
During the course of the day, you’ll have the opportunity to see Esztergom from another perspective during a photo stop in Slovakia.
At the end of the tour you’ll return to Budapest by boat, in the summer months, and by coach from October through April.
- Live guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Transporation by air-conditioned bus
- Hungarian 3-course lunch
- Visegrád photo stop
- Return to Budapest by boat (1 May-30 Sept)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Hotel pick-up is available only in the city center
• The supplier is not responsible for any road closures
• Return to Budapest is by boat from 1 May-30 September. In the case of low water levels in the river, and during the winter months, return to Budapest is by bus