This private tour provides in-depth knowledge and insight into the history and culture of Hungarian Jews, and an opportunity to explore the Jewish heritage of Budapest. Choose from 3 different options and have the itinerary tailored to your interests.
What to Expect
As the city with the largest active Jewish community in central Europe, Budapest has a fascinating religious, artistic, and historical background, and this tour will bring it to life for you.
The private tour will be tailored to your preferences, and a professional local guide will highlight the most interesting aspects of Budapest's Jewish history. The tour begins at your preferred time and you can choose what you would like to see on tours of 2.5-4.5 hours’ duration.
Some of the many possible sites visited on the tour:
• the Jewish Museum, where a local guide will explain Hungary's Jewish culture and heritage to you
• Dohány Street Synagogue, the largest operating synagogue in Europe and the second largest in the world
• Deák Ferenc square, where you’ll hear about the history of old Pest and the old Jewish market
• the Orthodox Jewish Quarter
• Kazinczy Street Synagogue
Either during the tour or afterwards, you can also choose to stop for cake at the kosher Fröhlich confectionery.
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel or port pick-up
- Private tour
- Walking tour
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
A moderate amount of walking is involved.