Hit the historical side of Budapest during this walking tour on the Castle Hill. Peek into the city’s oldest confectionary shop, hear stories and tales of the area’s past, and enjoy a few surprises along the way!
What to Expect
Get to know the real Hungary with this historical Budapest tour. You will begin with a short minibus ride to reach the entrance gate of the Castle District, where you’ll set off on your Budapest adventure.
Pass by historical buildings that seem to be silent and sleepy, but just wait until your guide tells you stories from behind the walls! Enjoy the small architectural details prevalent in the Castle District and hear tales of former inhabitants and owners of the houses.
Next up on your Budapest tour, you’ll pass by the oldest confectionary shop of the city and visit the first private art gallery of Hungary.
After taking a walk around the Royal Palace and admiring the breath-taking view from the hilltop, you’ll walk back to the residential part of the Castle District. Here, we have time for a surprising discovery in the Hotel Hilton before the Budapest tour comes to an end at Matthias Church, one of the most beautiful buildings in the city.
At the end of your tour, your guide will give you some local tips on where to go to enjoy a glass of wine or lunch in the district.
- Transportation as indicated
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance ticket to Matthias Church
- Small sample of local food specialties
Inside the Széll Kálmán tér Metro Station - Metro line 2 / red line - at the top of the escalator.
Know Before You Go
• Cancellations made more than 2 days prior to travel receive a full refund. Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to travel attract a 100% cancellation fee.
• Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusive. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this day tour in Budapest.