Everyone knows Dracula, but do you want to know who the real Dracula was? What was the life of Vlad the Impaler and how did he become the most famous vampire in the world? This tour will make the fascinating legend of Dracula come alive for you.
What to Expect
Start this full-day tour with a visit to Curtea de Arges Monastery, one of the most beautiful churches in Romania with a strange legend. The road will take you to Poenari Fortress, the ruins of the real Vlad the Impaler’s castle situated in an enchanted landscape. To visit this fortress, you must climb a stairway of 1400 steps through the forest.
On the way back to Bucharest, you will also visit Vlad the Impaler’s Royal Court in Târgoviște, the former capital of Romania before Bucharest. Your last stop will be in front of a replica of Poenari Fortress built in the 20th century. After arriving in Bucharest, you will be dropped off at your hotel or another chosen location.
- English-speaking guide
- Assistance during the entire tour
- Transport by car or minivan with driver
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees for Poenari Fortress and Royal Court of Târgoviște (€ 7)
- Photo/ video fee for Poenari Fortress and Royal Court of Târgoviște
Know Before You Go
• To visit Poenari Fortress, you must climb 1400 stairs in the mountains
• On Mondays, the Royal Court of Târgoviște is closed. Instead, you will visit Bran Castle