Day Trip to Transylvania - all you need to see!
From £66 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceAny Hotel in Bucharest
- Get in touch with the medieval atmosphere of Bran, Brasov and Rasnov Fortress. Also discover the stunning Peles Castle, former royal residence
- Family friendly tour
- Excellent value for money
- Get to know pivotal facts about Transylvania's history
Bran Village is the next one on the list, and you'll have the chance to see Bran Castle, known all over the world as “Dracula’s Castle”. Built at about 60m high between 1377 and 1382, it's a combination of remarkable architecture and unique Gothic elements. In the beginning, the castle served as a defense point. It was built in order to serve as a fortress, surrounded by a massive wall with small windows used to shoot enemies. The castle gained recognition and started to attract millions of tourists every year due to Bram Stoker’s novel “Dracula” and to the numerous film adaptations that followed. In the Dracula Untold 2014 movie, the director chose a different perspective in order to render Dracula’s story. Even children are eager to discover Dracula lands, especially since the recent animation movies Hotel Transylvania (2012, 2015).
The enchanting Transylvania day trip continues, stopping at Rasnov Fortress, built in the 13th-14th centuries. Feel free to contemplate the picturesque streets with medieval houses which will haul you into the past, as it's one of the best preserved peasant fortresses in Transylvania. Its purpose was to provide protection for the population against Tartar attacks, and it managed to fulfill its function, since the only person who ever managed to conquer it was Prince Gabriel Bathory around 1600.
Although inside the fortress there's a small museum waiting to receive tourists, the main attraction is the beautiful 360 degree view over Piatra Craiului Mountains and Brasov Depression. The fortress gained its fame also because some of the scenes in the film “Cold Mountain” were filmed here in 2003. The last town on the day tour is Brasov city, one of the most visited towns in Transylvania, located at the foot of Tampa Mountain. You'll take a walk around the streets of this charming medieval town. The tour ends in Bucharest.
- Driver/tour escort
- Walking tour of Brasov
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus / car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 1 Bottle of water/person
- In general, during November, Peles Castle is closed for maintenance. In this case you'll visit Pelisor Castle, Peles Castle's smaller brother and where the royal family used to live
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
The central meeting points in Bucharest are Unirii Square (Piata Unirii) near Mitropoliei Hill (Dealul Mitropoliei) or Bibescu Park by the statue of Barbu Catargiu.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Product ID: 59219