Visit spectacular Veliko Tarnovo - the Medieval Capital of Bulgaria - on a guided day-trip from Bucharest. All tickets and transport taken care of.
What to Expect
This day trip starts daily early each morning, and will take you from your hotel in Bucharest to the foothills of the Balkan Mountains. Here you will spend a great day discovering the impressive medieval settlement of Veliko Tarnovo.
Veliko Tarnovo is the medieval capital of Bulgaria and home of the Tsaravets Fortress, the strongest Bulgarian fortification of the Middle Ages.
The day trip includes visits to the St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, the only monastery in Bulgaria carved into a cliff that is still inhabited today and Arbanasi Village that will take you a few centuries back in time through its medieval architecture.
- Entrance ticket for: Basarabov Monastery, Veliko Tarnovo Fortress
- Pick-up and return for Bucharest Downtown Hotels & Hostels
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned car/minibus
What's Not Included
- Photography & Video fees
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
What to Remember
• A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements
• In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund