Visit spectacular Veliko Tarnovo, the medieval capital of Bulgaria, on an excursion from Bucharest. Travel in air-conditioned comfort to the foothills of the Balkan Mountains. Tour the historic Tsaravets Fortress and St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery.
What to Expect
This 12-hour excursion begins in the early morning with a pick-up at your downtown Bucharest accommodation followed by a drive to the foothills of the Balkan Mountains. Spend an enjoyable day discovering the impressive medieval settlement of Veliko Tarnovo.
Veliko Tarnovo was the medieval capital of Bulgaria and is home of the Tsaravets Fortress, the strongest Bulgarian fortification of the Middle Ages.
Your itinerary includes visits to the St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, the only monastery in Bulgaria carved into a cliff that is still inhabited today and Arbanasi village, where the medieval architecture will transport you back a few centuries in time.
- Admission tickets for Basarabov Monastery and Veliko Tarnovo Fortress
- Pick-up and drop off at downtown Bucharest hotels and hostels
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned car/minibus
What's Not Included
- Photography and video fees
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 people required for this tour
• There is a possibility of cancelation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund