Relics of Communism in Bucharest: 2.5-Hour Walking TourProduct ID: 40386
From £17 per personBook now
- Admire the stark architecture of "Socialist realism"
- Visit the Palace of the Parliament and the buildings of the Civic Centre
- Walk through Unirii Square find out what its walls hide
- Hear the story of '89 Revolution in the same place where it all started
- Discover the hidden churches that the communists wished to forget
- Learn about everyday life under Ceausescu's rule
As the dominant political ideology for more than 40 years, Bucharest is full of souvenirs of its communist past. Begin the tour in Unirii Square, one of the largest squares in central Bucharest originally built during the Communist era and bisected by the massive Unirii Boulevard.
Continue the tour and explore the new districts of the "Socialist realism" built during the reign of Communism, including the Palace of the Parliament, designed as the absolute center of power, and the buildings of the Civic Centre Project.
earn the fascinating history behind these striking buildings as you visit them, and end the tour in front of the balcony where Ceausescu held his last speech.
- Walking tour with English-speaking guide
- Surprise souvenir
Unirii Square Park in front of the clock, just across the street from the big fountains in Bucharest. Please take care as our clock is not really Big Ben. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 40386