Discover Bulgaria and it's astonishing stone churches built in caves, such as Ivanovo Church, the impressive Veliko Tarnovo city and Tsarevets Stronghold, the charming Arbanassi stone village and cross the famous Friendship Bridge.
What to Expect
You will start your trip with a stop by a very famous Bulgarian church, very near to the Romanian border. The Ivanovo Churches are UNESCO heritage since 1979 and are highly appreciated for the rock-hewn churches and thanks to their impressive XIII-XIV century fresco.
After this, continue your journey towards the heart of Bulgaria, where one of the most amazing cities of this country is located. Veliko Tarnovo is located on the banks of Yantra River, also known as the City of Tsars, Veliko boasts an impressive fortress with the ruins of the former Tsarevets Palace and the patriarchal church, today with modern and intriguing paintings.
After Veliko Tarnovo, a visit by a most wonderful village follows. You will discover together the famous stone village of Arbanassi. This is the only village in Bulgaria that keeps the old architecture style of Bulgarian medieval times. With the batteries full charged you will drive back to Bucharest. You arrive back around 20:00.
- Licensed travel guide with English or German language
- Private pick-up and drop off at your hotel in Bucharest with bus or minivan
- Guidance by all sights
- All transport and road fees
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• A minimum of 2 people is required for this tour
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund