Ghent is the hometown of Charles I of Spain and V of Germany. It is one of the best preserved medieval cities in Europe. Dubbed as the "Jewel of Flanders,” it is for many people the most beautiful city in all of Belgium.
What to Expect
At 8:30am, you will be picked up from the center of Brussels to go to the beautiful and powerful city of Ghent, the residence of the famous Van Eyck brothers.
Come and discover the charm of Ghent and its inhabitants, popularly known as "the noose-bearers“ from the time of Charles V. It is a fabulous place full of history. During the guided tour you will visit the following:
- Castle of Gerald the Devil
- the Saint Bavo's Cathedral, where you can see the famous painting of the Van Eyck brothers “The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb”
- Belfry of Ghent
- the peculiar Gothic and Renaissance Town Hall
- St. Nicholas’ Church
- Masons’ Guild House
- Graslei embankment
- Castle of the Counts of Flanders
- Patershol neighborhood
- Great Butchers’ Hall
- Old Fish Market
- Friday Market Square
Afterwards, you will have 4-hours of free time to have lunch, to explore the city on your own, to visit the magnificent altarpiece “The Adoration of Mystic Lamb” again, to taste typical Flemish food or to take a Kwak beer at the “shoe pub" Dulle Griet.
- Spanish-speaking guide
- City map and recommendations for the country
- Bus transfer from Brussels
- Discount card (discounts at restaurants, chocolate shops, museums ...)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund