Step back in time on a journey through Belgian history on a full-day tour to Ypres. Learn about World War I as you visit key sites from the period, including the Menin Gate Memorial and the cemetery. You will also see the iconic poppy fields of Flanders.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Starting time 9:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Discover key sites of World War I including battlefields, bunkers, and the town of Ypres
- See the picturesque Flemish countryside with its iconic poppy fields
- Learn historical facts about Belgium and Flanders
- Transport in an air-conditioned mini coach
- Museum entrance and a lunch at Hooge Crater
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The Kiss and Ride zone in front of the train station in Brugge. If your hotel is more than a 10-minute walk from a pick-up location, please call the tour operator before your tour to arrange an alternative pick-up time and place.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please contact the tour operator ahead of time to cancel your reservation. No-shows will not be refunded.
- Please remember to wear good walking shoes as our tours involve quite a bit of walking about.
- This tour is not recommended for people with lesser mobility and for children younger than 8.
- Leaving Belgium after the tour:
- The tour is back in Bruges at the Floris Karos Hotel at around 18:00. This can vary by 15 minutes, so if you are on a time limit, keep this in mind when you book.
- Pick-up Service:
- If your hotel is more than a 10-minute walk from a pick-up location, please call the tour operator before your tour to arrange for a pick-up time and place.
- The minibus is air-conditioned and very comfortable. No smoking on board, please. However, the tour does stop frequently. It is possible to visit an ancestor's grave, but please ask in advance.