Brisbane: 2-Hour Kayak Hire on Brisbane River
- Get out on the water and explore Brisbane River on a 2-hour kayak hire adventure
- Go your own way and at your own pace with your friends or family members
- Discover Brisbane from a unique angle, with stunning views of the CBD skyline along the river
Enjoy the perfect summer activity for large groups with a refreshing paddle along the river under the Queensland sun. Experienced kayak instructors will give you an overview before you paddle off on your 2-hour kayak hire adventure.
It's recommended to hire with a least one other person to share in the fun of kayaking in Brisbane. You can even bring your dog with you when go kayaking.
- Life jacket
- Single kayak and paddle
- Kayaking safety demonstration
- Food and drinks
- Waterproof bag
- Locker hire
- Children under 8 years
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Please park along 8 River Terrace or Kangaroo Point Cliffs Drive and walk the remaining distance to the Adventure Centre along the Kangaroo Point bikeway on the riverfront. If catching the free City Hopper ferry, get off at Thornton Street Ferry Terminal and walk down to the Adventure Centre.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• You can kayak rain or shine but kayaking in very high winds or thunderstorms is not advised.
• Kayak hire available is available from 9 AM-3 PM daily. No evening or nighttime hire available.
• Hiring a kayak by yourself is not recommended if you are a first-timer or cannot swim — contact the local partner to speak about joining their guided kayaking tours instead.
• Please bring a towel, hat, and sunglasses with you. Sunscreen is provided.
• Going barefoot is recommended. No shoes are necessary.
• Please wear clothes that can get wet.
• Locker hire is available for your valuables for $3.
• Please bring a dry-bag/waterproof phone case if you want to take your valuables with you.
• All participants must complete an individual waiver before the activity starts.