Explore the history and religion of the "Cradle of Portugal" on a day tour to Braga and Guimarães from Oporto. See the monuments of Portugal's oldest city in Braga. Then transfer to Guimarães to discover sites such as the Palace of the Dukes.
What to Expect
Travel back in time to discover 2 of the oldest cities in Portugal and see historic monuments existing side by side with modern-day life.
Following pick-up from your hotel in Oporto, begin the day by visiting Braga, nicknamed the "Rome of Portugal" for its rich culture and traditions. See the emblematic squares and churches of Portugal's oldest city, along with monuments such as the Sé Cathedral, Bom Jesus Sanctuary and Sameiro Sanctuary.
Then travel to the medieval city of Guimarães, considered the "Cradle of Portugal." Walk the streets of the historic district and visit the main attractions and monuments, such as the Palace of the Dukes, Guimarães Castle and S. Miguel Chapel.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
What's Not Included
- Entrances and activities not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• Please note that this tour may be operated by a multi-lingual guide