Visit 2 or 3 chateaux in the Bordeaux wine growing region on a full-day, private tour of St. Emilion and Pomeroi. Taste the wines of the famous winelands. Discover the Romanesque monuments of St. Emilion. Go to the Monolithic Church, and more.
What to Expect
Taste the wines of Bordeaux on a full-day, private tour to St. Emilion and Pomerol. Following a pick-up from your hotel, the airport or train station, transfer to the wine growing region on the outskirts of the port city.
Upon arrival in Saint Emilion, visit a “Classified Growth” winery at a local chateau. Learn about the wines of the Libournais, and why they are known as “Right Bank” wines. Enjoy some free time in the village to discover its Romanesque sights, or book a private guided tour that includes a visit to a monolithic church carved from a limestone cliff.
Continue in the afternoon with another winery tour and wine tasting of the Pomerol appellation. The smallest of the 57 Bordeaux appellations, like Saint Emilion, Pomerol wines are predominantly made from Merlot grapes, often blended with Cabernet Franc and smaller quantities of Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Reservations for 2 or 3 "Classified Growth" Chateaux
- Walking tour of St. Emilion
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Transportation by modern, fully equipped minivan
- Bottles of water in the minivan
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums or attractions
- Wine tasting fees (EUR 20 -25 per person per chateau)