Memosine provides original vehicles for cheerful media-guided and interactive tours. Discover the town and vineyards of Saint-Emilion on a day-long tour, at your own pace and with tastings included.
What to Expect
Discover the town and vineyards of Saint-Emilion on a day-long tour. You are free to explore grand-cru châteaux, as well as the more quirky, less-well-known areas. You will direct yourself at the wheel of a cabriolet. With its boot ready to store your purchases, this two-seater is a perfect way of visiting the châteaux. Its hood protects you from the summer sun, but there is nothing to stop you from folding it back for a truly open-air drive. It is a safe, open and awe-inspiring.
The bespoke tablet-based multimedia guide offers geolocated commentary on all the points of interest you come across, so that you won't miss anything. Quality content is available, including small anecdotes and historical information that let you in on Bordeaux and its vineyards' secrets. With GPS navigation and route memory, you have the option to go off the beaten track and the freedom to make detours. Take your cabriolet convertible for a drive along charming roads through the rolling countryside of Entre-Deux-Mers. Make stops as and when you please according to commentary provided by your multimedia guide. Along the way, take in views of the fortified town of Creon, La Sauve-Majeure Abbey, and the banks of the Dordogne, before arriving in Saint-Emilion and its renowned vineyards, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site since 1999.
Discover the historic monuments of the medieval town, when you like and at your own pace. During the day you will visit a Grand Cru Classé (Classified Great Growth) Château. Naturally, you will have the opportunity to taste the wine made at the château … After you’ve visited the wine-growing property, wine storehouse and fermenting room you will know almost all the secrets of wine-making. If you fancy stopping for a bite at a café, sharing a hearty meal in a country inn, or treating yourself to an extravagant gastronomic restaurant, this tailor-made tour provides information about detours to great local restaurants along the way.
Example of a program:
09:00: departure from la Cité du Vin in Bordeaux.
10:00: you will be reaching your first vines. Drive through the rolling countryside of Entre-deux-Mers.
Late morning: arrival in Saint-Emilion.
12:00: Lunch (not included).
13:00: Visit of the Medieval City.
17:00: Wine-tasting visit in a "Grand Cru Classé" château.
19:00: arrival in Bordeaux.
- Full-day car rental
- English/French tablet-based media-guide
- Wine tastings
- Multi-risk insurance
What's Not Included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Personal expenses
94 quai de Bacalan
Right in front of the ‘La Cité du Vin’ tramway station, line B
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• This tour is available to anybody over the age of 21 holding a permis B (standard French Driving Licence), a European Union Driving Licence or an equivalent international licence for more than a year
• Under 18's are not authorized to taste wine
• Please note that the gearbox is manual
• Tall people (6'1/4+ / 1,90m+) may experience driving difficulties
• Please note, you may change your booking, free of charge, up to 48 hours before the date and time of the booking, depending on availability
• A full refund is guaranteed up to 7 days before the date and time of the booking
• A minimum of 2 people per vehicle is required. Vehicles can't be booked for 1 person only. Available to people under 21 as passengers and to children over 15 kilos (33 lb)