Taste the food of Italy and Emilia-Romagna on a private 3-hour walking tour with guide. Walk into some of the historic city’s traditional food stores and markets to discover local produce, such as Parmesan cheese, Parma ham, balsamic vinegar, and more
What to Expect
Experience the gourmet treats of Bologna on a private guided walk around the city’s medieval food market, and stop at traditional shops for delicious tastings. During the walk you will visit a chocolate factory, go to a famous deli, experience freshly baked bread, and try some Italian gelato at a gelateria.
Bologna has acquired numerous nicknames over the centuries, but its most famous is "La Grassa” (“The Fat"). Discover why it is considered the foodie capital of Italy as you venture into family-owned shops, and learn the legends of the local food scene.
Sample produce from the surrounding area, such as Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar, prosciutto from Parma, and salami from Felino. Choose between tortellini, tortelloni, tagliatelle or lasagne pastas at a local pasta shop, and try a glass of wine made from Sangiovese or Pignoletto grapes.
- Licensed guide
- Food tastings in traditional food stores, as described
What's Not Included
- Any service not mentioned in "what's included"
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour includes enough tastings to make up a full lunch or dinner
• It is recommended that you start no later than 11:00 for morning tours, and no later than 17:00 for afternoon tours. • Please be aware that most of the shops will be closed for siesta between 13:00 and 16:00
• Please note that most of the shops and food stands of the medieval market are closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays. • Please note that In winter sunset occurs at about 16:30
• This is an ideal tour for foodies and family with children