With a round trip from Bologna, discover the best of Venice on a private guided tour. Walk by the Byzantine and Gothic monuments of the Venetian Empire, listen to the history of the Doge's Palace, St. Mark's Basilica, and Ponte di Rialto and much more.
What to Expect
Get ready for a great overview of Venice. Travel into the history of one of world's most beautiful cities. On this tour led by an expert guide, you will discover the most beautiful and famous monuments of Venice, along with exploring some uncommon paths as well. You will, for example, experience the incomparable beauty of St. Mark's Square, learn more about the Republic of Venice and how it became dominant in the past, and explore the history of the city. Did you know that Venice was originally built on a group of 117 small islands that were separated by canals?
Stroll the elegant area surrounding the Rialto Bridge, learn how it was a busy crossing point in commercial life, always crawling with local and foreign merchants. The Rialto is still the pulsing center of shops and commercial life in Venice, as well as home to the picturesque food and fish market of the city. Prepare to take amazing pictures of the central sestiere (district), with beautiful squares and crumbling mansions, along with ancient churches, ateliers, and bridges.
- Private tour led by an expert guide
- Private round trip from Bologna
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Entrance tickets to the museums/ attractions
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The duration of the transfers is approximately 2-hours each way. The exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
• Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the main sites, and will take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided)
• The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally high tide in Venice or heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund