Admire the colorfully painted houses and colonial architecture of La Candelaria on this 2.5-hour walking tour of Bogotá’s historic center. Stand in awe before the imposing monuments, stroll down the grand boulevards, and stop to sample a glass of chicha.
What to Expect
This 2.5-hour walking tour will take you to the most important locations in "La Candelaria" by making a loop around the historical center. You will learn about the indigenous pre-Colombians, the founding of the city by the Spanish, the conflicting views about the history of the city, the failure of the social revolution, and modern developments.
Some of the important landmarks you will see on this tour include the Square of Bolivar, Square of Santander, Rosario Square, Chorro de Quevedo, Gabriel García Márquez Cultural Center, and the Church of la Candelaria among other places. During the tour, you will also make a stop in one of the historical houses, where you will taste a traditional alcoholic drink called chicha. At the end of the tour, you will return back to the departure point.
- Chicha tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (if option selected)
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Minimum drinking age is 18-years-old
• Minimum of 2 persons per booking is required
• Maximum of 8 persons per booking
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
• Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• If you chose the transfer option, please be ready at the specified time of the pick-up
• Small group tour