Experience a slice of Berlin history and learn more about the background of the Berlin Wall on this 3-hour or 5-hour tour. Discover the former death strip, the Brandenburg Gate, and the famous Checkpoint Charlie.
What to Expect
This tour takes you along the former border between East and West Berlin in the center of the city. Learn about the construction and the fall of the Berlin Wall. See the remains of the wall, places where escape tunnels were located, the Berlin Wall Memorial, and Checkpoint Charlie.
With a rickshaw you have the opportunity to explore areas in the city that are inaccessible to other vehicles. Your personal guide will answer all your questions and take you closer to Berlin’s tragic history in an interesting way.
You can choose between a 3-hour tour and a 5-hour tour. The 3-hour tour starts at the entrance to Bornholmer Straße S-Bahn station and takes you along the length of the Berlin Wall from the border crossing at Bornholmer Straße to the East Side Gallery. The 5-hour tour includes pick-up and drop off at your hotel and offers deeper insight into the history of the former GDR. You’ll see where Günter Schabowski announced the freedom to travel for GDR citizens as well as discover many of the old socialist buildings in the city.
Whichever tour you choose, you’ll get a fascinating glimpse into the world of socialism and life in a divided city. Along the way you’ll discover the Berlin Wall Memorial, the government district, and of course the famous Checkpoint Charlie.
- 1 drink per person
- 3- or 5-hour tour though Berlin
- 1 additional drink per person as well as pick-up and drop off at your hotel for the 5-hour tour
Know Before You Go
• Please inform the tour operator in advance if you require transportation of wheelchairs or strollers
• After booking, you will receive a confirmation of pick-up and a suggested tour route. As there are a number of possibilities for the start point, route and end point, this service cannot be automated. As a result, it may take up to 2 business days to receive your confirmation email
• For last-minute bookings (less than 2 working days before departure), pick-up will normally be confirmed by telephone or SMS
• Please ensure you provide your correct mobile number or the mobile number of a participant, if you are booking on someone else's behalf