Discover the alternative Berlin by bike. Ride along the beautiful banks of the Spree, past squatters and gentrifiers, hipsters and party tourists, and see to whom the city truly belongs.
What to Expect
Take a bicycle tour through the wild, alternative Berlin and discover what Klaus Wowereit meant when he said, "Berlin is poor, but sexy!"
The tour begins in the central Nikolaiviertel, just five minutes from the TV Tower by foot. Start the tour where Berlin's history began, then ride far from the center to experience the city life in Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain, Neukölln, and Treptow.
Immerse yourself in the different districts of Berlin and learn how they've changed. On this 17-kilometer ride, take a look at alternative projects and restored buildings, as you ride along side streets and bike paths.
The tour takes you through diverse areas and lets you see exceptional buildings and innovative ideas. Enjoy a beautiful ride along the Spree and the Landwehr Canal, where the contrasts of Berlin could not be clearer. Stop every 5 to 10 minutes to learn interesting and historical facts. A small group of up to 15 people, an intimate atmosphere, and a relaxed pace make this an unforgettable experience.
- Bike rental of your choice
- Bike helmet (on request)
- Waterproof ponchos in case of rain
- Additional material (tour route or city map with restaurant and culture recommendations)
Know Before You Go
• The rental bikes are equipped with baskets and are regularly serviced by certified mechanics
• Large baggage can be left with the tour operator for the duration of the tour
• This tour can also be booked as a private tour