Explore the famous Museum Island in Berlin with an experienced academic on this 2-hour tour. Learn all about the architecture and history of the 5 museums and their city surroundings on an individual tour that can be customized to suit your wishes.
What to Expect
Explore the fascinating Museum Island in the center of Berlin on this 2-hour tour with an archaeologist or art historian as your guide. Visit the island on the River Spree with a unique ensemble of architecture, which has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1999 and receives over 5 million visitors from all over the world each year.
5 magnificent museums were erected between 1823 and 1934: the Altes Museum, the Neues Museum, the Alte Nationalgalerie, the Bode Museum, and the Pergamon Museum. They cleverly combine presentation with political representation. Learn about the current “master plan for Museum Island,” which will adapt the buildings to suit the needs of the 21st century.
Experience the breathtaking diversity of Berlin’s museum landscape on this professional, engaging, and lively tour on the subject of the architecture and the history of Museum Island. This tour can be customized to suit each group and your individual wishes.
This is an outdoor tour of the museums, a visit to the collections is not included. You can visit the foyers of the Altes Museum, the Alte Nationalgalerie, and the Bode Museum.
- Tour accompanied by an experienced archaeologist or art historian
- Completion of all formalities
Know Before You Go
• This is a private tour. The price covers the whole group
• Please phone the tour operator if you are going to be late to the meeting point so that the message can be passed on to the tour guide
• Tours run in any weather conditions with some adjustments according to the weather if necessary