Visit the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, the world-famous and impressive architecture museum. On this 1.5-hour tour, discover the great Pergamon Altar, the brilliant Ishtar Gate of Babylon, and the fascinating Palace Façade of Mshatta.
What to Expect
Experience a 1.5 hour guided tour through the world-renowned and magnanimous Pergamon Museum in Berlin. The Pergamon Museum is home to 3 major collections: the great architectural reconstructions of antique collections, the Middle East Museum, and the Museum of Islamic Art. Experience the highlights of the museum on this exclusive guided tour.
The Ishtar Gate of Babylon shines in the same bright blues as the corresponding procession street decorated with lions. This takes you through the millennia of Mesopotamian civilizations, past the Assyrian throne room from Nineveh, and the Sumerian Eanna Temple of Uruk.
In the very next hall you'll find yourself in the heart of the Roman metropolises, where you can marvel at the monument of the Market Gate of Miletus.
Finally you reach the palace façade of the Umayyad desert palace of Mshatta and the magnificent Aleppo Room. Its intricate paintings are unique and enchant all visitors to the museum.
The aim of the tour is to guide you through the stunning diversity of Berlin’s museum landscape in an academic, engaging, and lively way. The personal wishes of the group are also taken into consideration.
The Pergamon Exhibit has been closed since autumn 2014
The Altar has been in its current set up at the Berlin Pergamon Museum since 1930 and attracts about 1.5 million visitors per year. The altar is currently undergoing renovation and refurbishment so it may continue to be enjoyed by generations to come and will not reopen until at least 2018.
- Guided tour with an experienced archaeologist or art historian
- Completion of all formalities
What's Not Included
- Ticket fees (free entry up to 18 years of age)
- License fee (35 euros per group)
Bronze statue of the riding Amazon in front of the Neues Museum, Berlin
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this tour is not available on every date, due to the museum's capacity restrictions. Please contact the tour provider before booking if you would like to schedule a particular date
• This is a private tour. The price covers the whole group. You pay a flat fee and can take up to 10 people on the tour
• Tours run in any weather conditions with some adjustments according to the weather if necessary
• Expenses incurred during the museum tour such as entrance tickets and museum license fees are not included in the tour price