Visit the Neues Museum in Berlin, and explore the architecture and highlights with an experienced academic on this 1.5-hour tour. Learn interesting facts about the history of the museum and admire the bust of Nefertiti and the Berlin Gold Hat.
What to Expect
Discover the Neues Museum in Berlin, the visitor magnet of the capital, on an exciting tour with an archaeologist or art historian as your guide. Admire a milestone in the history of architecture which was built in the mid-19th century using the latest technology and was restored after severe war damage under the direction of the British architects David Chipperfield and Julian Harrap between 2001 and 2009.
The historical rooms that have gone through numerous renovations and devastations are complemented well by the sleek, modern architecture. The building received several prestigious architectural awards for this vivid juxtaposition of old and new.
You will not only see the fascinating architecture of the museum but also the masterpieces of Egyptian and pre-historic collections. Admire the world-famous bust of Nefertiti, the discoveries from Troy by Heinrich Schliemann, and the Berlin Gold Hat. Your guide will also gladly respond to your group’s wishes.
- Tour accompanied by an experienced archaeologist or art historian
- Completion of all formalities
What's Not Included
- Ticket fees (free admission up to 18 years of age)
- License fee (35 euros per group)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This is a private tour. The price covers the whole group
• Please phone the tour operator if you are going to be late to the meeting point so that the tour guide can be notified
• Tours run in any weather conditions with some adjustments according to the weather if necessary
• Expenses incurred during the museum tour such as entrance tickets and museum license fees are not included in the tour price