Belfast: Cycle Tour of Titanic Quarter and City Center
From £14 per personBook now
- Cycle on the Slipway where Titanic launched from in May 1911 and cycle past the nearby Titanic Studios where Game of Thrones is filmed
- Look down into the massive Dry Dock where Titanic was fitted out after the launch of the the Hull
- Enjoy a close up view of HMS Caroline (WWI Battle of Jutland) and SS Nomadic (Titanic's Tender Ship)
- Exclusive close up view of Captain EJ Smith's table that was too late for the Maiden Voyage of Titanic and is now held in the Harbor Office (Tues-Fri)
- View the fantastic and humerous Commercial Court Cultural Murals that will give you an insight into Belfast's 'Black Humour'
For the first hour, you will cycle around the historic Titanic Quarter and Clarendon Dock, exploring some of the remaining maritime infrastructure including Dry Docks, Pump Houses and Gantry Cranes that were used to build over 1,500 ships (including Titanic) and ensure Belfast’s place as an International Center of Ship Building over 100 years ago.
The second hour of the tour explores Belfast’s growth from the early settlement around High Street, the English Civil Wars impact and William III’s brief stay in the city. You will also look at the failed 1798 United Irishmen Rebellion in Belfast and its legacy.
The tour proceeds into the heart of the Cathedral Quarter where you will stop at the Commercial Court Murals and see the ‘Belfast Black Humour’ displayed on the numerous murals covering everything from ‘Van Morrison’ to ‘Game of Thrones.’
Its then onwards toward the city center where the wealth created through the Linen Industry is evident in the opulent Victorian Architecture, the finest example being ‘City Hall.’ Cut through the original site of Belfast Castle and back on to High Street finishing at the Custom House Square.
A state of the art wireless system will be used so you have a small receiver unit and a single ear piece that will enable your friendly and informative guide to give you commentary as you cycle. The system is used responsibly and though useful for providing a commentary and highlighting areas of interest, your guide can also inform you of the route ahead and of parts of the route where caution should be exercised.
On this tour, you either provide your own or rent one and the ‘mic,’ helmet and hi-visible vests will be provided.
- Titanic Slipways
- Titanic Studios (where ‘Game of Thrones is filmed)
- Titanic’s Dock and Pump House
- Samson & Goliath Gantry Cranes
- SS Nomadic (Titanic’s Tender Ship)
- Clarendon Dock and Harbour Office
- High St/Bridge St & United Irishmen
- Commercial Court Cultural Murals
- City Hall Grounds
- Albert Clock (Belfast’s leaning tower)
- Custom House
- A health & safety brief
- Some basic cycle instruction insurance
- Cover 2-hours with a locally trained guide and qualified cycle instructor
- Hire of a state of the art compact receiver unit and single earpiece
- Hire of cycle helmet and high visibility vest
- Bikes are not included, participants have the option of bringing their own bike or hiring one of the excellent Belfast public hire bikes costing £5 to register (valid for 3-days and up to 4 bikes can be hired on 1 registration) Other Terms and Conditions apply, see online for further details
ARC Apartments Plaza, Titanic Quarter Queens Road Belfast.
• Participants must be at the start location with their bike 20 minutes before the start time
• Please bring clothing suitable for the weather, parts of the tour are exposed so bring warm clothing
• Tour only suitable for children over 14 years-old
• You must be able to cycle a bike reasonably with confidence for 2-hours (includes stops)
Product ID: 67899