Learn about Belfast's troubled history on a 3-hour walking tour with both Republican and Loyalist ex-political prisoners. Explore their neighborhoods and hear their personal stories and the stories of their communities on both sides of the physical wall.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
What customers loved
"The deep feelings and strong opinions of both guides."
"Walking Falls and Shankill roads"
"the historical recount of events"
- Explore Belfast's conflict with ex-prisoners directly involved in "The Troubles"
- Take part in the only tour that explains both the Loyalist and Republican sides of history
- Hear first-hand accounts from men and women who went to prison for their beliefs
- Discover Belfast's political murals on foot
- 3-hour guided tour
- 2 different perspectives on "The Troubles"
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet in front of Divis Tower, Divis Street BelfastOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The tour is approximately 3 hours long and covers a distance of 4 kilometers (2.5 miles). Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The tour starts at Divis Tower and ends on the Lower Shankill Road, about a 15-minute walk from the starting point
- This tour may not be suitable for children under 15. It is up to the discretion of the guardian as discussion of extreme violence may occur