See the highlights of Beijing on a 2-day tour that’s ideal for those on a 72-hour transit. Walk a peaceful section of the Great Wall at Mutianyu, see the imperial palaces of the Forbidden City, and admire dynamic structures from the Olympic Games.
What to Expect
Ideal for passengers on transit, who want to make full use of a 72-hour visa free option, this 2-day highlights of Beijing tour takes you on a whirlwind trip to all the must see sights, but still gives you time to rest and explore on your own. You will go straight to the Great Wall of China from Beijing Airport, to hike in the peaceful Yanshan Mountains, see the contemporary architecture of the 2008 Olympic Games, and explore the imperial palaces of the Forbidden City.
Upon arrival at Beijing Airport, meet your guide for the direct transfer to the Mutianyu Great Wall of China. Less touristy and more peaceful than the popular Badaling Great Wall, the Mutianyu Great Wall allows you to see the wall as it was when it was first built. Admire the 22 original watchtowers on a 2-hour hike, before your transfer back to Beijing. En route to the city center, stop to look at the dynamic façades of the Bird's Nest and Water Cube buildings, built for the 2008 Olympic Games.
Continue to downtown Beijing to check in to your pre-booked 4-star hotel, located in the heart of the city. Enjoy the rest of the evening at leisure.
Day 2: )B, L)
Enjoy a complimentary breakfast at your hotel, before a guided tour of the Forbidden City. Wander among the palaces of the Ming and Qing dynasties. Then, marvel at the sheer scale of Tian’anmen Square, the largest public square in the world. See the huge monuments and architecture of Chinese communism, such as the Great Hall of the People, Mausoleum of Mao Zedong, and National Museum of China.
After lunch, visit the pagoda-style Temple of Heaven to see where the Ming and Qing emperors went to worship heaven and pray for peace and good harvests. Your highlights of Beijing trip over, you will be transferred back to Beijing Airport or rail station for your onward journey.
- Private airport transfers
- Entrance fees as mentioned
- Transportation by private car or van
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel accommodation, based on 2 people sharing 1 room with twin beds
- Service charge and government taxes
- China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty insurance
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary
What's Not Included
- Entry visa fees
- Tips and personal expenses
- Any meals not specified in the itinerary
- Single room supplement
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes suitable for the climate at the time of your tour
• Please provide details of your airline and flight number, hotel details, number of people in your group, full name and nationality of group members, number and age of any children, and number of adults in each group
• Please advise if any tour member is vegetarian