Beijing Foodie WalkProduct ID: 38351
From £29.47 per personBook now
- Sample authentic Beijing snacks on the street
- Experience local life in Beijing’s hutongs (and don't get lost!)
- Learn about basic Chinese cooking techniques and ingredients, and try some specialties from other regions in China
- Navigate the market with locals out for their daily shop
- Learn some basic Chinese words and phrases and have fun trying them out in the local market
Throughout the Beijing food tour, your local guide will recommend some local snacks for sampling, and you’ll also have the chance try some specialties from elsewhere in China. You will explore the stories behind tasty treats like spring onion pancakes, Sichuan noodles, donkey meat sandwiches, and mini hotpots. There’s an endless supply of local specialties to sample as you eat your way around the one of the biggest produce markets in the center of Beijing.
Along the way you’ll meet local culinary masters, like noodle and tofu makers, and join locals for their daily food shopping (practice some Chinese words and phrases from your local guide!). Learn about different vegetables and spices, and maybe even pick up a trick or two about authentic Chinese cooking.
End your Beijing food tour in a convenient spot: Old Gulou Dajie. From here, it’s easy to head to the Houhai Lake area, or to move on to other districts where you can explore local bars, cafés and restaurants. The night’s young, so head out for a drink or more food — if your stomach has the space, that is.
Your local guide will be happy to provide recommendations for a great night out.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Local snack samples as indicated (at least 5 types)
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for guides
- Drinks and extra food
- Shopping other than indicated in itinerary
Outside Gulou Dajie Metro station Exit E of Line 8. Gulou Dajie Metro station is an exchange station of Metro Line 2 and Line 8. The meeting point is outside of exit E on Line 8. If you take Line 2, you will be able to change within this station to Line 8 and get out of Exit E. In Chinese: 8号线鼓楼大街地铁站E出 口(旧 鼓楼大街与二环十字路口的西南角)If you take a taxi, please show the Chinese script to your taxi driver. (Open in Google Maps)
Additional Information: During national holidays and on weekends sights in Beijing can be extremely crowded. If you wish to avoid the busiest times it is recommend that you visit Beijing outside of these periods or take your Urban Adventure on a week day.
Dress standard: You will be on your feet for a number of hours so please be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes.
Child Policy: Children must be 6 years of age to 11 years inclusively. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
Product ID: 38351