Explore one of the best-preserved sections of the Great Wall of China on a full-day tour to Mutianyu. See the largest collection of tombs of the Ming Dynasty at the Ming Tombs. Visit a jade factory, and see the buildings built for the 2008 Olympic Games.
What to Expect
Visit 2 of the most famous attractions in China on a full-day tour of the Ming Tombs and Great Wall of China.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Beijing between 07:00 and 08:00, transfer to the Ming Tombs, collectively known as the “Thirteen Tombs of the Ming Dynasty.” Located approximately 26 miles (42 kilometers) north-northwest of Beijing city center, the site, on the southern slope of Tianshou Mountain, was chosen on the principles of feng shui by the Yongle Emperor (the 3rd Ming emperor).
At present, only the Sacred Way (or “Spirit Way”), Chang Ling Tomb, Zhao Ling Tomb, and Ding Ling Tomb are open to the public. See the huge stone arch at the start of the Sacred Way, along with statues of guardian animals and officials. Marvel at the largest of the tombs open to the public (Chang Ling), along with the underground palace of Ding Ling.
Next, visit a jade factory to see how the famous jade products are made. Enjoy a traditional Chinese lunch before heading to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China. Take a walking tour along one of the best-preserved sections of the Great Wall, and enjoy the picturesque views of the surrounding hills and forests from the Watch Tower.
You will have about 2 hours at the Mutianyu Great Wall, ending at approximately 15:30. On route back to your hotel, visit a tea shop to enjoy the Chinese traditional tea ceremony. The tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 6 pm.
- Transportation by 22-seat, air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Traditional Chinese lunch
Pick-up from your hotel in Beijing between 07:00 and 08:00
What to Remember
• A visit to 1 or 2 shops or markets is always included in a group tour, but you are not expected to buy anything
• A complimentary pick-up service is available from your hotel located within the city center in Beijing. If your hotel is not in city center, your tour guide will call you at your hotel one day before departure to confirm your departure time and a pick-up point in Beijing city center. You will need to go to the pick-up point by taxi at your own expense