One of the greatest ways to truly learn about a culture is through its food. On this half-day walking tour through historical Beijing you have a chance to see some of the city's greatest sights as you savour your way through different types of local eats.
What to Expect
This 3-hour walking tour through Beijing's numerous hutongs (ancient alleyways) celebrates the sights and flavours of the city, from “Hakka” home cooking to the famed, imperial Beijing custard. Beijing's old hutongs are full of culinary delights, and this is the best way to experience all of them.
We begin at the lovely lake district of Houhai Lake, north of Beihai park, which gives us a chance to absorb the leisurely side of Beijing with a complete guided tour. The next half of our excursion brings us to the impressive hutongs, where we will pass ancient temples and traditional courtyard homes, as well as the wonderful vegetable vendors and bread makers.
- Complete 3-hour guided tour through Beijing
- All food and beverage tastings!
- Sit-down lunch at a very popular Hakka restaurant
- Valuable tips and advice on local food selection and preparation
- An expanded knowledge of Beijing's restaurant / culinary scene: perfect for “foodies”
What's Not Included
- We do not provide alcohol on this tour
Beijing Snack Store (next to KFC) on the northeast corner of the Di'anmen Intersection at 11.30am
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
Please provide dietary sensitivities, intolerance, and allergies when booking tour