Experience the creativity of the Beijing 798 Art Zone which has flourished in the former wireless communication factory established in the 1950s. Walk through the district and encounter various art studios, cultural establishments and fashion shops.
What to Expect
The area occupied and restored by Beijing 798 Art Zone was once the site of the factory used to manufacture wireless joint equipment throughout the former Beijing North China, built and established originally by the experts of former G.D.R in the 1950s.
In accordance with the reforming plan of the Dashanzi area, In December 2000 the factories were rented out on a short term basis. The former factory attracted many artists and art organizations that rented the spaces and transformed it into a network of various art galleries and studios, cultural companies and fashion shops etc.
Being the earliest and original area to initiate an artistic transformation trend, the site was henceforth named the Beijing 798 Art Zone. This tour takes approximately 4 hours, and your departure time can be established upon request.
- Private car for hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Sightseeing program
- Local English-speaking tour guide for pick-up & drop-off
- Entrance fees to scenic spots
- Parking fees & toll fees wherever applicable
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight or train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
Know Before You Go
The approximate day tour itinerary & schedule above is for reference only, and may vary according to your travel date and group size. The Itinerary & schedule is subject to change at the time of booking order is confirmed.