Explore one of the most beautiful sections of the Great Wall of China at the Mutianyu section. Ride the cable car to the top for stunning views and time to explore, and then descend to visit a traditional jade factory.
What to Expect
This full-day tour of the Great Wall of China’s Mutianyu section takes you to the northern countryside to enjoy the relaxing mountains and streams. As you escape the hustle and bustle of the city, you will experience a much slower pace as you go deep into the serene landscape to discover one of the Great Wall of China’s most majestic sections.
Upon arrival at the foot of the wall, take the cable car to the top. The section is older than the famous Badaling section and would provide a more challenging climb of 1,400 steps without the cable car. Snaking its way through the Yanshan Mountains, north of Huaiou, the wall contains interesting features, such as densely packed watchtowers and crenelated parapets.
You will have plenty of time to experience the majesty of this ancient wonder. Once you have descended the wall, stop at a nearby jade factory. You can buy some unique souvenirs before your return to Beijing.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Sightseeing tour
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Parking fee & toll fee where applicable
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation
- Flight/train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, etc
- Gratuities to the tour guide and driver
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Traveler insurance
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The approximate day tour itinerary and schedule is for reference only and may vary according to your travel date and group size. The Itinerary and schedule is subject to change at the time booking order is confirmed
• Tour duration: about 8 hours
• Departure days: every Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday
• Tour starts at 07.00 - 08.00 at Beijing hotels